|ROAD SHOWS AND EXHIBITIONS: FY 2018/19
|EVENT, DATE & MARKET
||MIN. NO OF SLOTS
|Magical Kenya Travel Expo (MKTE 2018) www.mkte.co.ke3rd -5th October 2018
Venue: KICC-Nairobi Kenya
- MKTE is an annual B2B trade fair organized by KTB, featuring approximately 210 exhibitors and 160 hosted buyers.
- It gives the Kenyan trade opportunity to sell Kenya in prescheduled B2B forum with opportunity for product sampling through the Fam trips for the buyers.
- Themed seminars to engage trade visitors and learn trends in tourism
- Networking events for B-2-B opportunities
|International Travel Bourse (ITB) Asiawww.itb-asia.com 17th -19th October 2018Venue: Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay SandsSingapore
||10 Kenya Trade
- ITB Asia is an annual three day B2B tradeexhibition organized by Messe Berlin (Singapore) Ltd.
- In 2017, the event attracted Buyers who were split into: 40% Leisure, 35% MICE and 25% Corporate. There were 11,000 trade delegates and 940 exhibitors from 113 countries.
- There were 951 buyers of which 79.5% were from Asia Pacific & Oceania. ITB Asia is therefore a good event to meet buyers for Kenya trade seeking to grow tourism business from this region.
- Trade engagement special Kenya event with TAs
- Media engagement for enhanced visibility
ITB Asia 2017 report: http://www.itb-asia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/2017-factsheet_updated.pdf
|Kenya Forums in China Luxury and Adventure Trade.Date: Oct/Nov (TBC)Venues: Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong TBC
||6 Kenya Trade
- Kenya Tourism Board is focused on growing the high end Chinese tourism arrivals through targeting the Luxury and Adventure Chinese consumer.
- KTB is therefore organizing Kenya Forums in China’s Tier I cities in which key decision makers from tour operators of Chinese Luxury and Adventure segments will engage with KTB and with the Kenya trade through B2B meetings.
- These forums will generate leads, develop relations, obtain insight on consumer needs and wants from which the Kenya trade will propose/offer custom itineraries options, understand key issues and help the China trade overcome consumer objection on Kenya.
|US Road show (East Coast)-America12th -16th November 2018Venue: (cities TBC)
||15 Kenya Trade
- B2B engagement in East Coast(America). Creating a platform to the Trade and push Kenya sales through special packages offers featuring the KQ direct flights
- Training opportunities to TAs and TOs
- Product Managers forums
- Media event to enhance visibility
|Kenya Road show in UK –EuropeJanuary 2019Venue: London, Edinburg, Manchester, Dublin
||10 Kenya Trade
- B2B engagement in key cities in UK. Aimed at reaching between 80-100 travels agents per city
- Training opportunities to TAs on Kenya experiences
- Product Managers forum
- Media engagement for enhanced visibility.
|Kenya MICE Roadshow INDIA28th – 30th Jan 2019Venue: Mumbai and New Delhi
||6 Kenya Trade (with MICE product)
- India is one of Kenya’s key source markets that also presents opportunity for the lucrative MICE business beyond leisure and VFRs.
- Kenya Tourism Board will therefore arrange for a Kenya exclusive MICE roadshow in which Kenya trade will meet with India MICE buyers. The buyers are those interested/ considering bringing their MICE groups to Kenya or wish to wish to find meet a trade member in order to further discuss finer details on how Kenya can best meet their clients’ needs.
- Participants interested participants must demonstrate to the MICE buyers’ expertise and experience in handling MICE and that Kenya can surpass the clients’ expectations while giving suggestions or options that add value to their Kenya experience.
|Outbound Travel Mart (OTM) INDIAwww.otm.co.in/exhibiting 23rd – 25th Jan 2019Venue: Bombay Exhibition Centre Goregaon East, Mumbai, India
||10 Kenya Trade
- OTM is the largest travels show in Asia Pacific and attracts buyers mainly from within India.
- In 2018, OTM attracted over 15,000 travel trade visitors that included 800+ buyers (400+ hosted buyers, 200+ Trade buyers and 100+ corporate buyers) that realized over 11,600 pre-scheduled meetings. There were 1,043 exhibitors from over 50 countries.
- OTM is there a good trade show to grow business from India and Kenya has been participating in the vent over the years.
OTM 2018 Report: http://www.otm.co.in/static/otm/pdf/OTM_2018_Post_Show_Report_2.pdf
|International Travel Bourse Berlin (ITB) -Germany
http://www.itb-berlin.de/en/ 7th-11th March 2019Venue: Messe Berlin, Germany
|10 Kenya Trade
- ITB is currently the largest travel trade fair globally giving Kenya as a destination opportunity to meet all the markets but especially the European market
- It’s a general travel exhibition covering both Leisure and MICE segments as well as B2B and consumer days.
- ITB Berlin provides a good platform for Kenya Trade to engage the European trade.